SIGCONT occurs after a SIGTERM

Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR allbery at NCoast.ORG
Fri Feb 15 11:56:23 AEST 1991

As quoted from <7103 at fs1.cam.nist.gov> by coleman at cam.nist.gov (Sean Sheridan Coleman X5672):
+---------------
| Please explain to me why a SIGCONT is sent to a process after
| SIGTERM is sent to my process. It doesn't compute because TERM

Being suspended, it wouldn't execute the signal handler unless it were
continued.  Also, I think the exit processing in the kernel needs this.
(So why does the SIGCONT handler run after the SIGTERM handler?  Because
signal handlers are invoked in signal-number order.)

++Brandon
(BSD folks feel free to correct me.)
--
Me: Brandon S. Allbery			    VHF/UHF: KB8JRR on 220, 2m, 440
Internet: allbery at NCoast.ORG		    Packet: KB8JRR @ WA8BXN