startup program on tty line

Kenneth D. Fox WCSN ops eng ken at wcsn.csms.com
Wed Feb 20 04:14:11 AEST 1991

I have a question about setting up a TTY line so that
everytime the system is brought up a specific program is initiated
on that line.

I am running SCO's Xenix 2.3.2 on an Epson 386. I have been
told that Xenix uses the gettydefs and does not use init.
Unix does use init? A friend made the comment that it is
easy to set up committed ttys for specific applications in Unix.

The bottom line is:
The terminal will be at a workstation where many users
(equipment operators) will be entering data to the same
program continuously. If the system is shutdown, I want the
program to be started automatically. I don't want anything
but the program to be running on the terminal.

I know that there is probably many ways
to do this, however I would like to know If there is
a Xenix user out there who is using such a configuration.

Thank You,

KEN

Ham Radio: N1HTI (No One's Happy Tax Increase! : )
--
Kenneth D. Fox--Senior Operations Engineer
WCSN - An International Broadcast Station of