(none)

Lester Bautista lab at tellabs.com
Sat Feb 23 12:28:41 AEST 1991

In article <26078 at adm.brl.mil> ben at syskany1 (Ben Olasov) writes:
>Can 'tip' be used to transfer binary files?  I didn't see anything
>in the 'man' entry about it.  If so, a description of a method for
>doing it would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Ben             ben at syska.com

Do the following:
   1) In the remote machine, use the "uuencode" command to convert the
      binary file to an ascii file.
   2) Download this ascii file to the local machine.
   3) In the local machine, use the "uudecode" command to convert the
      ascii file back to its binary format.

If the file is too big, transfering the file via tip could take a long
time. You could always use "mail" instead.

Lester Bautista                       internet : lab at tellabs.com
Tellabs, Inc.                         tel:       708-512-7820
4951 Indiana Ave., Lisle, IL 60532    fax:       708-512-7099