rsh command

Kartik Subbarao subbarao at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Fri Feb 15 01:14:13 AEST 1991

In article <26006 at adm.brl.mil> cherman at cmvax.umiacs.umd.edu (Charles Herman) writes:

>	When I try to do an rsh to issue a command to a remote host I get a
>"Permission denied" response.  The method I used is the following.  I created
>a .rhosts file in the remote machine's home directory containing
>
><local host name> <local login name>
>
>(<local host name> refers to the machine from which I issue the rsh).
>
>From the local host I type

Sometimes you need FQDNs. Try putting:

localhostname.localhostdomainname localloginname

into your .rhosts and retry.

Also - is the remote host in your hosts table (can it be found?)

			-Kartik
--
internet# find . -name core -exec cat {} \; |& tee /dev/tty*
subbarao@{phoenix or gauguin}.Princeton.EDU -|Internet