WordStar-like editor on Unix

Jay Maynard jmaynard at thesis1.hsch.utexas.edu
Tue Feb 12 02:03:09 AEST 1991

In article <4593 at uniol.UUCP> Gerhard.Moeller at arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de (Gerhard Moeller) writes:
>>852028e at aucs.AcadiaU.ca (Amari  M.  Elammari) writes:
>>>Does any body know about a WordStar-like editor that runs on Unix??
>As far as I know, there is a WordStar-command emulation in Emacs. (GNU)

Well, yes, there is, but it's a pretty poor emulation. There are differences
in approach, most notably in block operations, that make the two incompatible
at the lowest levels of usability.

There was an editor hiding in a post to comp.binaries.ibm.pc that included
Unix source; contact doug at giaea.oz.au for details. It's an evolving program.

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL | Never ascribe to malice that which can
jmaynard at thesis1.hsch.utexas.edu  | adequately be explained by stupidity.