source for dig

Marten Terpstra a20 at nikhefh.nikhef.nl
Wed Feb 6 20:36:57 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb6.031956.10060 at wam.umd.edu> floyd at wam.umd.edu (Jim Matthews) writes:

>	The company for which I work is setting up a network, and it would
>be a great help to have the source code for the "dig" utility.  Where would
>I find it?  Could someone please e-mail the source or the name of an
>anonymous ftp site that has it?
>	Thanx for your help.

You can find it for instance at mcsun.eu.net [192.16.202.1] in
~ftp/network/dig.2.0.tar.Z but I guess there are many others that have it.
Another nameserver utility that I find very usefull is "host". There are some
versions of this program around, but someone here rewrote the whole program
and included some nice features for nameserver debugging. You can get it from
nikhefh.nikhef.nl [192.16.199.1] in ~ftp/network/host.tar.Z. Make sure that
you have the resolver routines from BIND 4.8.2 to get this working
correctly.

Other usefull network debugging tools are of course ping, traceroute and
tcpblast as I'm sure there are many others.

Good luck,

Marten
--
Marten Terpstra                                  National Institute for Nuclear
Internet : terpstra at nikhef.nl 		                and High Energy Physics