metaconfig package

Leigh L. Klotz klotz at parc.xerox.com
Thu Feb 14 13:03:10 AEST 1991

I recently came across a program which had a shell file called
"Configure" in it.  The program asked questions, tried things, and
eventually produced a configuration file for the system I was compiling.

The head of the Configure file has this comment in it:

    # $Header: Head.U,v 2.0 88/06/28 23:13:13 lwall Locked $
    #
    # Yes, you may rip this off to use in other distribution packages.
    # (Note: this Configure script was generated automatically.  Rather than
    # working with this copy of Configure, you may wish to get metaconfig.)

There was no description anywhere of where to get metaconfig.

Anybody know?

Thanks,
Leigh.

klotz at parc.xerox.com