help with tape drive? (naive)

John Woods eanv20 at castle.ed.ac.uk
Thu Feb 28 21:27:06 AEST 1991

Apologies for this naive question, but I am new to workstations. I have
a DECstation 2100 in front of me, which has a TK50 drive. I have a TK50
tape with lots of public domain goodies. What do I do next?

I cannot discover how to mount the drive (in software terms, not hardware)
let alone inspect the software.

(when booting, the DEC recognises a TK50 at `tz4' but there is no such
thing in /dev. `setld -l /dev/rmt0h' yields a message telling me to put
tape unit 4 online, but the green light is on already.)

			Thanks for any help on this...

							...John Woods

--
 /******* cut here ******* John Woods ******* cut here ********
 * Philosophy: Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit (Virgil) *