Help with LPD (RWFM?)

ROsman%ASS%SwRI05 at d15vs178a.space.swri.edu ROsman%ASS%SwRI05 at d15vs178a.space.swri.edu
Fri Feb 1 06:32:58 AEST 1991

The environment...

I'm a Unix novice.  We are running a Mentor Graphics system running their
version of Unix (4.3BSD?).  The machine is connected to an ethernet AND to a
QMS 2210 PostScript laser printer.

The goal...

To be able access the QMS from the network, preferably through filters on the
MG stn.  We'd like to be able to select paper size (A or B), PostScript, HPGL,
or plain text, etc.

What little I think I understand...

I think I need to figure out how to fire up several LPD daemons, one for each
required filter.  The LPDs need to point to point to the que directory that
the spooler slurps files out of.

Please reply to...

Oz at SwRI.edu

If you want a summary, drop me a note with a valid return address in the body
of the message.  This is important because the return address I see is often
mutilated beyond recognition and reason.  Please make the Subject read "LPD
Summary Request" to make my life easier for filing and responding.

Thanks in advance,

Oz (Rich Osman, WB0HUQ)            INTERNET: Oz at SwRI.edu
(512) 522-5050 (w); (512) 699-1302 (h, merciless machine)
(512) 522-2572 (just the fax)