Sendmail setup

Dr. Paul Fons paul at chipmunk.bk.tsukuba.ac.jp
Fri Feb 1 22:12:59 AEST 1991

  I have been trying to setup sendmail on my Sony RISC workstation under
4.3BSD and have been having some troubles.  I build a sendmail.cf file
using the utility Sony provides called mailconf with a descriptor file
containing the following (desc.dat)

name:     bukko
lower_level_name: chipmunk
name: chipmunk.bukko
lower_level_name: none
newstaka: local  chipmunk.bukko
                 bukko

which generated a (rather large) sendmail.cf file, which I then attempted to
use by installing it in /usr/lib/sendmail.cf and restarting the sendmail
deamon.  When I attempted to send mail however I am faced with the following
message