talkd processes never die

kathy t skow x-2923 kts at michael.udev.cdc.com
Thu May 16 22:26:54 AEST 1991

In article <1991May16.120940.1 at lure.latrobe.edu.au>, ccvj at lure.latrobe.edu.au writes:
|> It just grows and grows!
|> Has anyone come across this before?  Mips M-120, RISC/os 4.52, a
|> student machine (I say this only because I thought it was the students!)
|> I have a problem with talkd in that the processes never disappear.
|> Usually, I just go in and kill them....

We, too, are seeing talkd processes that do not go away.  We are
running EP/IX 1.3.2 on a variety of CD 4000s, and I have seen this
on the CD 4680 (equivalent to the MIPS 6280) and the CD 4360 -- and
it is probably occurring on the other  platforms, as well.

Does anyone have any clues on this one??

Thanks.
  Kathy Skow                       | email:   kts at udev.cdc.com
  Open Systems Operations          | phone:   612-482-2923
  Control Data Corporation         | fax:     612-482-4203

  "If perception is reality, then we'd better
                    figure out how to quantify and track it"  ...unknown