File System and ZBR drives

Alan Barclay alan at ukpoit.co.uk
Fri May 3 19:32:30 AEST 1991

In article <67930001 at hpcupt1.cup.hp.com> balon at hpcupt1.cup.hp.com (Tom Balon) writes:

>	How do different versions of unix deal with new ZBR (Zone Bit
>	Recording)) style disk drives. These drives are divided into
>	several zones with a different number of sectors/track in each
>	zone.

For what I've worked out it the controller for these drives do sector
translation, so the OS sees a disk with normal fixed sectors per track.
--
  Alan Barclay
  iT                                |        E-mail : alan at ukpoit.uucp
  Barker Lane                       |        BANG-STYLE : .....!ukc!ukpoit!alan
  CHESTERFIELD S40 1DY              |        VOICE : +44 246 214241