I need the the stinking man pages (software)

Brian_L._Heess.ES_XC15 at xerox.com Brian_L._Heess.ES_XC15 at xerox.com
Wed May 29 09:58:58 AEST 1991

> If I have a 3B2/300 that has no man pages, what are my options to go about
> getting them?  Is there a freeware source, or is this a purchase only item?
> Thanx!!

John,

I just got a 3B/1 and asked a very similar question in comp.sys.3b1, and got
the answer that AT&T has some deal with McSomethingerother or Sybex, that
they're the only ones to do the publishing of their manuals, and man pages are
manuals, and that they also decided you have to have a development license to
get them.  And you have to buy the pages...

Of course you can get free man source, don't know about pages though...  I'd
like to know if you do manage to get some.  I am running Sys V r3.51,
foundation and development...but no man pages.

:-(

-Brian
--
XNS:  bheess:es xc15