Motorola support of Sun computers

RMG3 at psuvm.psu.edu RMG3 at psuvm.psu.edu
Tue May 21 05:52:34 AEST 1991

  Some time back I posted asking for people's thoughts about customer
support for Suns by non-Sun sources.  The consensus seemed to be that some
care was needed, but Motorola did a good job.

  Jeff Sohn (of Motorola Computer Group Field Service Division) gave us
his number to call for a quote.  Unfortunately, the number doesn't work.
That is, we call and get no answer after about 30 rings.  We're assuming that
the number is now incorrect: 408-366-4044.

  We'd appreciate any help you could give.  (Including suggestions regarding
third party support of Suns.)  If there is sufficient response, I'll re-
summarize.
Thanks,
Bob Grumbine