Question on using stty correctly

Gary Betz betz at berlioz.nsc.com
Thu May 16 05:03:30 AEST 1991

1) The documentation for the stty command does not clarify how to get
the switch information from a particular device. For example, if I have
a device called /dev/hp1 what command line could I use to get the baud
rate, line control,etc from this device?

2) Does the security mechanism override the setting of these switches.
For example, if the dev/hp1 owner is root with world rw priveledges, can
I set the switches (assuming I am not root).

3) I would like to pipe the output of the stty command to a line
printer. Any suggestions (stty -a | lpr doesn't work).

Your help would be much appreciated. Please reply to my email id since I
monitor this much greater than the news network.

Best Regards,

Gary Betz