Disk Backups

Renato Ghica rrg at ibism.UUCP
Sat May 4 04:47:38 AEST 1991

Can any kind soul tell me the best way to make a physical copy of a
disk (including all the filesystems on it ?) to another disk ?

tar seems to have problems copying files in /dev, and if there are disks
mounted with mountpoints on /, then the contents of those disks get
copied as well.

dd only lets me do one partition at the time

I don't have volcopy on my SPARCstation ver 4.1.1

Being from the VMS world, I was hoping to find something similar to the
"BACKUP/IMAGE command", or a shadowing/mirroring implementation thereof.

Thanks...

HELP !

    Renato Ghica
	Citibank                           Phone:   (212) 657-7664
	111 Wall Street                    Fax:     (212) 825-8607
	17th floor / zone 10               E-Mail:   uunet!ibism!rrg
	New York City, New York    10043