mark and space parity support

Rich Coe rhcoe at buscfg.austin.ibm.com
Fri May 24 05:57:33 AEST 1991

I'm posting this question for a friend, please reply directly to him.

Thanks, Rich.

--------------------------- cut here -----------------------------

Are AT&T systems capable of supporting mark and space parity on async
ports ?  We guess yes...and suspect that the PAREXT bit in the c_cflags
is somehow used, but can't find any documentation to substantiate our
suspicions.  We plan on implementing mark/space parity and would like
to be compatible with the rest of the Unix world.

 - If AT&T supports mark/space parity, how ?

 - Since mark/space parity is not part of POSIX, is the method used to
   select mark/space parity conditioned by something like IEXTEN.

please send responses direct to:

UUCP:  ..!uunet!cs.utexas.edu!ibmchs!auschs!konopik!konopik
INTERNET: konopik at aixwiz.austin.ibm.com

--
Brad Konopik
AIX Field Quality (Level 3)