Read News/ Need Active.* files

Paula Ditallo pditallo at uswat.uswest.com
Wed May 29 04:08:07 AEST 1991

Hello Unix Gurus--

	Usually I leave all the dirty details of System Administration
	to the Support team.....but i've been getting myself into quite
	a bit of trouble out here for posting messages under the wrong
	SIGs ....I'm not doing this to be funny...i'm doing this because
	the active.* files for Read News cannot be found by
	getactive....I've mentioned this to 1 of our unix support people
	about a month ago...but their lives have been busy chasing down
	network errors.......after a major migration....

	Can anyone tell me where I can obtain this active file that does
	not exist anywhere on the disks i have access to?

	..and should i put the file where the getactive task is...or
	is there some sort of /tmp/   directory that I should store
	it to?

			thanks,

			/*paula*/

	Paula L. DiTallo             Delta Research & Development
	11994 Bear Park Rd.          999 18th Street, Suite #1000
	Conifer, CO 80433            Denver, CO  80202
        "76176.1634 at compuserve.com"  1-303-291-9525 "pditallo at uswest.com"