.info files (makeinfo?? gnuinfo??)

Hendrik te Winkel hendrik at cca.vu.nl
Thu May 2 00:48:52 AEST 1991

Hello there!
A question concerning .info files: In a tar.Z distribution from GNU,
I found some files with extension .info (dot info). It seems to
me that they are in some specific format, as to easily walk around
them with some menu program. At every first line in a display there
are words like NEXT: more info and PREVIOUS: top dir and so on.
There was a makeinfo file in that directory too.
Do I miss/need a program called info? Could someone point me
out what exactly is needed to display these files properly?

Thanks in advance, Hendrik
--
Hendrik te Winkel <hendrik at cca.vu.nl>
--- Ich geh' unwahrscheinlich gern mit Dir in der Waschsalon,