using tee program with tar output

Sgt Richard Gautier gautier at taclg.af.mil
Fri May 10 12:33:09 AEST 1991

Good luck.  I tried to call AT&T about getting the tee program to accept
stdin to whatever program it was running.  I called them at their software
support hotline, and asked them if there was any OTHER way I could do it
as well.  No luck.

   What I was trying to do was do a tee sh in every user's .profile
so that I could tape their on-line sessions into a file in their
$HOME.   If you ever find an answer for Sys V 3.2.2, please tell me.

  Sorry it wasn't an answer, but it is what I have been told (it is
supposedly impossible, without the source for tee, I can't check this
out, though).

|Richard A. Gautier, Sgt, USAF               |  _ __           |
|HQ TAC/LGSSS  Langley AFB, VA 23665         | ' )  )      /   |
|gautier at wpdis01.af.mil/gautier at taclg.af.mil |  /--' o _. /_   |
|"Everything I say is a lie....REALLY!"      | /  \_<_(__/ /   |