socket

Phil Howard KA9WGN phil at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Sun May 12 11:27:19 AEST 1991

wongm at latcs1.lat.oz.au (Mun C Wong) writes:

>	Sorry for posting such a beginner question . I am a beginner in
>	learning socket system call on my own and I find myself end up
>	man the online manual page without any clue and example of what
>	is going on . So I hopefully wish if any experienced helpful
>	people can give me some examples and explanation of how to use
>	the socket call and a bunch of other relevant calls such as
>	connect , select , send etc . Thanks in advance !!

It is probably best to get the relevant documentation in printed form and
read through it and get the fundamental ideas of what is going on.  For BSD,
the "UNIX Programmer's Manual Supplementary Documents 1", chapters 7 and 8,
should get you bootstrapped.
--
/ Phil Howard -- KA9WGN -- phil at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu   |  Guns don't aim guns at  \