hosts

Brendan Kehoe brendan at cs.widener.edu
Wed May 15 11:20:01 AEST 1991

In <1991May12.210836.21700 at watdragon.waterloo.edu>, rtkeys at crocus.waterloo.edu writes:
>Could some kind person tell me how to find out what hosts are at a certain
>site (if this is even possible)

 Not practically;  but you can use nslookup. Say ns.foo.org is the
primary (or secondary) nameserver for foo.org. Then go into nslookup
and, assuming their name daemon will allow you to do it, you can list
the hosts within the domain by doing

	> server ns.foo.org.
	> ls foo.org.

 But I'd suggest just writing to the admin and/or postmaster of the
system and asking them for the information you need -- it'll save you
a *lot* of time (and bandwidth).

Brendan
     Brendan Kehoe - Widener Sun Network Manager - brendan at cs.widener.edu
  Widener University in Chester, PA                A Bloody Sun-Dec War Zone
 "Visualize a dream; look for it in the present tense -- a greater calm than
   before.  If you persist in your efforts, you can achieve...dream control."