learning Unix C

James Cameron jc at raven.bu.edu
Mon May 13 11:44:27 AEST 1991

|> To all: I am a novice programmer who has taken courses in 8080 assembly and
|> turbo pascal, and am comfortable with Dos and Unix basics. I would now like to
|> learn C in the Unix environment (specifically SunOS 4.1). Could someone
|> recommend a good book, starting with "hello world", and finishing with some
|> level of proficiency?

|> Thank you in advance for any input.

|> 							-Larry Stern

First, there is the bible of the C but for which the exact title
escapes me and which has been borrowed from me.  Now, my suggestion
is to get that book along with "C: The Complete Reference" which was
written by Herbert Schildt.  I find it an invaluable reference when
I am looking up this or that.  I am a fairly new beginner to C
programming and keep both next to me when I am doing my work.

C: The Complete Reference
Herbert Schildt
Osborn McGraw-Hill

ISBN 0-07-881263-1

jc

--
					-- James Cameron  (jc at raven.bu.edu)

Signal Processing and Interpretation Lab.  Boston, Mass  (617) 353-2879