Need to modify terminfo database

Jim Balter jim at segue.segue.com
Fri May 3 23:56:02 AEST 1991

In article <1991May1.183824.26978 at aucs.AcadiaU.ca> peter at aucs.acadiau.ca (Peter Steele) writes:
>I have a program that on startup complains that "khome" is an unknown
>key. I presume I have to add a definition for it in terminfo. What are
>the required changes to do this for a vt100? Thanks.

Programs shouldn't issue such complaints.  terminfo entries should only
have key definitions for keys that actually physically occur on the terminal.
If you add a khome definition to your vt100 entry, then software that uses
terminfo rationally may note the entry and ask users to hit the home key.
"The what?" they will ask.