writing an lpr filter (SunOS 4.1.1)

John Ruckstuhl ruck at reef.cis.ufl.edu
Fri May 31 11:43:54 AEST 1991

As J Greely <jgreely at cis.ohio-state.edu> and jeffe at eniac.seas.upenn.edu
(george) have kindly informed me:

    The solution is to define the prefix and postfix in the "if", and
    forget about the "of".  "of" is not what I assumed it was.

    #! /usr/bin/sh
    /usr/5bin/echo '\033E\033&/6A\033%1BIN;WU0;PW0.01;\c'
    cat
    /usr/5bin/echo 'PG;\c'

Thank you to J & george, and to others whose replies and followups are
already on the way.

Best regards,
ruck
John R Ruckstuhl, Jr			ruck at alpha.ee.ufl.edu