Two-Way Pipe..

Eric Slimko exs at aristotle.JPL.NASA.gov
Fri May 24 11:05:33 AEST 1991

Well, after reading FAQ and looking through manuals for a day, I'm
ready to ask my question....  Is there a way for a process to
create a child process and hook up pipes to the standard in AND
standard out of that process?  Kind of a two-way pipe.  Its easy
enough  to create a pipe for read OR write, but when I try to create
two pipes, one for read, one for write, the parent process can write
sucessfully, but it gets hung on the read() call.

With the two pipes, the read or write will work.  When I do a write and
then a read, however, the read gets hung.

Please E-mail me directly, as I do not regularly read this group.

Thanks much,
--
Eric Slimko                |  Jet Propulsion Laboratories
exs at aristotle.jpl.nasa.gov |  NASA/CalTech