SunPHIGS problem

Amir J. Katz Xpert amir at taux01.nsc.com
Tue May 14 20:34:24 AEST 1991

 I  am  a new user of SunPhigs 1.3. While trying to create a new Phigs  program
  I encountered the following problem :

  When I create elements inside the Phigs structure, using my modeling
   coordinates space, if the modeling coordinates size is larger
   than ~100, then the element is not displayed on the window.

  When I use small coordinates as the modeling coordinates ,
   then the display is o.k.
  Notice that in all the Phigs examples and tutorials, small coordinate
   values are used. (between -2 and ~15)
  It seems as if something is wrong with the translation from
   the modeling coordinates (MC) to the world coordinates (WC).

  Example :
   The coordinates in file pickit.c
     ( in phigs1.3/examples directory) are :

       static Ppoint3      square[] = { 0.0,0.0,0.0,
                                        0.2,0.0,0.0,
                                        0.2,0.2,0.0,
                                        0.0,0.2,0.0,
                                        0.0,0.0,0.0
                                    };

  I changed them to be :

       static Ppoint3      square[] = { 0.0,0.0,0.0,
                                        200.0,0.0,0.0,
                                        200.0,200.0,0.0,
                                        0.0,200.0,0.0,
                                        0.0,0.0,0.0
                                    };
  and with those new coordinates , the pickit program does not work -
   nothing is displayed on the window !!

  Please e-mail to me, using the address below.
-- TIA,
--
   Amir J. Katz, System Manager

Internet:	amir%pilat.UUCP at taux01.nsc.com
UUCP:		{decwrl,uunet,...}!nsc!taux01!amir
Phone:		+972 52-570713
Fax:		+972 52-570719
Snail-mail:	Amir J. Katz, Silvaco Israel Ltd.
		19 Maskit St., Herzelia, Israel 46733