socket (long)

Marcus J. Ranum mjr at hussar.dco.dec.com
Thu May 16 13:33:54 AEST 1991

>  I am a beginner in learning socket system call on my own and I find
>  myself end up man the online manual page without any clue and example
>  of what is going on .

	I should maybe have cron post this for me about once a month. ;)

	The Berkeley IPC Primer is an excellent intro with examples and
a very straightforward explanation of how to do basic IPC. It's available
for anonymous FTP from finer archive servers near you, and requires only
some basic knowledge of *roff to format.

mjr.