aix curses problem

Clarence Dold dold at mitisft.Convergent.COM
Sat May 18 02:03:33 AEST 1991

in article <938 at enkil.UUCP>, brian at enkil.UUCP (Brian Ampolsk) says:

> and wrefresh with stdscr.   We are using AIX 3.1.  Unfortunately, the system
> 	refresh();
added wgetch(stdscr); so it would stop...
> 	endwin();

I compiled and executed on RS6000/530 running AIX 3.1
/unix is dated May 29 1990 - 1261933.
Using both xterm and vt100, the program appears okay.

>From other experience, I would guess that you might be running on a Wyse60,
or some other terminal that cannot do hardware scrolling.  If the terminal
has no capability 'csr', curses has changed recently.  I don't know what
flavor of curses AIX thinks it is, since the system seems confused as to
which AT&T it is running.
--
---
Clarence A Dold - dold at tsmiti.Convergent.COM