Global symbolic process names, anyone?

Charles Hannum mycroft at kropotki.gnu.ai.mit.edu
Tue May 28 13:22:20 AEST 1991

In article <DAG.91May24184648 at freya.kvatro.no> dag at kvatro.no (Dag H. Wanvik) writes:

   a) Is it possible to make any file temporary when creating it? (or by
   setting a mode bit (undocumented?!). (I need to fully control the file
   name, which is not possible using tmpfile and friends...)

One idea is to have a creattmp() or some such function which simply
calls creat() and sticks the file in a list of temporary files.  You
could then define an atexit() function to do the cleanup.  (I'm not
quite prepared to include code right now.)

Hmmm.  Perhaps the addition of an O_TMP mode in the GNU library would
be prudent?  B-)