Which disk for '386 unix box?

d0mund01 at ulkyvx.bitnet d0mund01 at ulkyvx.bitnet
Thu May 2 03:52:58 AEST 1991

I'm preparing to buy a 386 based unix system (probably SCO XENIX) and
I'm befuddled by all the disk/controller options.

Can anyone tell me how SCSI, ESDI, IDE or other types of drives compare?

The system will be running some pretty disk intensive stuff (randomly
accessed) so I want to be sure I don't step wrong here and get stuck
with a too slow disk.

Are the differences significant or do they dissapear with a little caching?

Dave Munday           | Bitnet    : d0mund01 at ulkyvx    AT&T 606-781-2423
Fool on the Hill      | INTERNET  : munday at nkuvax.bitnet
Northern Kentucky U.  | UUCP      : munday at cinnet.com
                      | USmail    : 20 Chalfonte Pl, Ft Thomas, Ky 41075
"In heaven all the interesting people are missing." - Nietzsche