talk session

Guy Harris guy at auspex.auspex.com
Mon May 13 03:50:09 AEST 1991

 >The version of SysVr3.0 for teh 3B15 that CSU Northridge got when I was
 >there did not have STREAMS, and, therefore, didn't have poll().  (And, yeah,
 >I checked:  it didn't have poll().)
 >
 >I don't know if that was a weird release, or if it was standard.  I am
 >fairly certain that STREAMS were standard for 3.1 and later.

I am completely certain that STREAMS were standard for 3.0 on the 3B2;
perhaps the folks who did the 3B15 version left them out for some reason
(if so, that's a strong argument for forcing UNIX ports for various
platforms to share as much of the source tree as possible, to force them
to be as similar as possible).