remote printing from UNIX

Ross Cartlidge rossc at extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU
Thu May 16 10:02:41 AEST 1991

trop at hls.com writes:

>Hello netlanders,

>I am searching for a way to make my unix host (Sun SPARC)
>print to a terminal server port.  I would really appreciate
>hearing from those of you who have been successful in this
>endeavor.....

Use my "nd" package. It connects a pty to a terminal server port.
You can then use the corresponding tty just like a normal serial port.
It has notes for CMC and 3COM termianl servers, but should support
any terminalkserver.

We use it for dial-ins, dial-outs, SLIP, AsyncAtalk, printers etc.

get it from archive.su.oz.au in pub/nd/*
Ross Rodney Cartlidge			    |   rossc at extro.ucc.su.oz.au
University Computing Service, H08	    |   Phone:     +61 2 6923497
University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia   |   FAX:       +61 2 6606557