how to capture text output during program?

James Cameron jc at raven.bu.edu
Sun May 26 12:22:39 AEST 1991

>>>>> On 24 May 91 17:26:32 GMT, steckner at lri.uwo.ca (Michael Steckner) said:

Michael> I was wondering if there is a simple way for me to capture the output
Michael> to the screen generated while I run a program which also requires
Michael> periodic user input. Use of redirects is easy, if you dont also
Michael> have to answer any questions the program might having during execution

	Try using script(1)  It scarfs most everything, including
	control characters.  You might want to look for something
	called 'unscript' as well, which cleans up the control
	characters as best as it can.

jc

--
					-- James Cameron  (jc at raven.bu.edu)

Signal Processing and Interpretation Lab.  Boston, Mass  (617) 353-2879