QNX - Where is the publisher?

Grant DeLorean grant at bluemoon.uucp
Wed May 15 08:38:38 AEST 1991

macphee at convex.COM (Scott C. Mac Phee) writes:

>QNX is available from Quantum Software Systems in Canada.  You can
>reach them at 613-591-0941.

 Yep. It is almost useless, but that is where it is available from.

>I highly recommend it, and have actually heard rumors (better than
>that) that they will soon release a POSIX version of the OS.

 Yep. Scheduled release date is January 1990, same as their proprietary
windowing system. The windowing system showed 4 months later, the
POSIX version is still vaporware.

 Avoid QNX unless your application is process control. It isn't useful
for anything else (I used to be a heavy user, I was a beta site for
the windowing system and was scheduled to be for the POSIX OS as well.
Then I got smart and saw through the lies and got out of QNX...).
--
\  Grant DeLorean  (grant at bluemoon)    {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!grant  /
"You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation