Postscript Help Req'd

Chip Yamasaki chip at osh3.OSHA.GOV
Fri May 10 11:36:51 AEST 1991

In <1991May8.171357.9121 at ukpoit.co.uk> ian at ukpoit.co.uk (Ian Spare) writes:

>I have aquired a postscript printer which I would like to connect to
>one of our NCR Towers, I'd like it to work for normal LP print requests
>but also to deal with the postscript requests. We also use things like
>PC-NFS printer sharing etc.

>I think I require a decent interface script or program , can anyone
>help either with such a script or some advice ??

I picked up a filter from the Net called psf.  It has been working fine
for me.  It has a psdetect program which will determine if a file is PS
or not, a PostScript filter to format text for PS (w/options like
multiplex-printing), a *roff filter to make lp *roff output pretty, a
mail filter to bold certain header fields (a little too much), and other
nice things.  The compressed tar is 27k in all.  Check your local
archive and, if you can't find it I'll mail it.

Charles "Chip" Yamasaki
chip at oshcomm.osha.gov