Shared mail file

Michael A. Covington mcovingt at athena.cs.uga.edu
Wed May 1 04:28:59 AEST 1991

I have two Suns that share a mail file area by means of NFS.
That is, /var/spool/mail is shared.

Everything works fine except that there is a sendmail process
that runs constantly on one of the machines.

To set up shared mail, I have vague memories that I need to do
something besides just share the mail file area, but what is it?
I asked this question a while ago and got lots of answers
but have unfortunately lost the file in which I saved them.
Not only that, but they didn't agree with each other.