HELP!!! Metaconfig expert needed!

Hokey hokey at plus5.com
Thu May 16 01:51:31 AEST 1991

Well, since Larry didn't speak up...

In article <1991May13.182956.23088 at shibaya.lonestar.org> afc at shibaya.lonestar.org (Augustine Cano) writes:

>... This is the output of metaconfig:
>
>$! nulled, predecessor circle

Ignore these.  They are a nuisance, and are fixed in metaconfig v3.

>This is mytest.U:

>?MAKE:mytest.c var1 var2 var3 c1 c2 : test cat echo n c Myread mansrc Mcc Guess Oldconfig Loc

A Unit file MUST have the first MAKE dependency be the name of the Unit file.
This should even be documented in the version of metaconfig you have.
Rename the file to "var1.U" and change the aforementioned lined to:

?MAKE:var1 var2 var3 c1 c2 : test cat echo n c Myread mansrc Mcc Guess Oldconfig Loc

Then, everything should work just fine.  At least, it works with my v3
metaconfig, and should work just as well with v2 (modulo the nuisance
warning messages).

The "metalint" utility I wrote for v3 will catch this problem.

Oh, I don't know when Larry plans to release v3.

Enjoy!
--
Harlan				We are Space Guys.  We know what we are doing.