how do I declare a constant as a variable of different type

Alan Clegg abc at rock.concert.net
Fri May 24 02:46:34 AEST 1991

In article <16452 at helios.TAMU.EDU> Sharma Anupindi writes:

"     I want to declare the string I have read from the file as a different
" variable.
"Ex:
" If my file contains the string "Mr.Brilliant", then name will contain the
"  same string.
"  Now I want to declare "Mr.Brilliant" as a integer, for further use in the
"  program. And I wanted to know how to do that.

You want to create a variable name from some input you read?

Let me re-phrase your question and see if I understand it...

	You read a string from a file.
	The string you read is "fred".
	You then want to create an integer variable named fred?

I don't know how to do this on the fly...

-abc
--
"this is a hellacious hairball and we  | Alan Clegg - Network Programmer
 need to start by acknowledging that   | MCNC -- Center for Communications