Is it really too big?

Mark Elston, NSI Inc., Edwards AFB CA elston%boot.decnet at edwards-tems.af.mil
Sat May 18 05:14:27 AEST 1991

I just tried to compile and run the GNU chess program that was posted on
comp.src.misc.  After compiling and linking I got the error message:

./gnuchess: too big

I figure that a system or environment variable is set too small or something
but I can't figure out what.  (Our manuals don't give me any clues).  What is
strange to me is that in actual size the program is smaller than 'as' which was
used to assemble it.

Oh, yeah.  I am using a System V R2.3 Motorola VME-bus system.

Thanks for any help.

Mark.
elston at edwards-tems.af.mil    | "I know there are people in the world who |
Mark Elston, NSI Inc.         |  do not love their fellow human beings and|
"What business in their right |  I *HATE* people like that..."            |
 mind would want my opinion   |            -Tom Lehrer                    |
 anyway"                      |              on National Brotherhood Week |