Wanted: ksh(1) sources (for sun4)

Lawrence V. Cipriani lvc at cbnews.att.com
Wed Jan 16 09:25:15 AEST 1991

In article <14831 at megatest.UUCP> sudweeks at megatest.UUCP (Bruce Sudweeks) writes:
>I would like to get hold of the sources for ksh(1). I have been using ksh
>for quite some time on a sun3 with only minor problems. I recompiled the
>sources for a sparc and discovered a number of problems:

Which is it, do you have the source or not?

What version of ksh are you using?  Use the commands:

	$ set -o emacs	# if you're not in emacs mode
	$ ^V	# that's control-V
	$ set -o vi	# if you want to go to vi mode

and you should get something like:

	Version 11/16/88d

>	1> The vi command line editing didn't work

Please be more specific.

>	2> When "exec -ksh" was run, the .profile file was not auto-sourced

It's not supposed to be auto-sourced; however the ENV file is sourced.

>	3> Also had problems when something like "cd > /dev/null" was executed.
>	   From then on, I lost all stdout (I think it was going to /dev/null).

Works for me.

11/16/88f ksh should be available late January '91; I'll post a note when
it's available.
Larry Cipriani, att!cbvox!lvc or lvc at cbvox.att.com
"I just love the smell of gunpowder!" - Bugs Bunny