filec in C-shell

krishnav krishnav at faatcrl.UUCP
Fri Jan 18 05:17:46 AEST 1991

Hey,

	I work on Sparc 1+ (SunOS 4.1) and I included "set filec" in my .cshrc.
It is supposed to be for file completion.  Well, I use openwindows2.0 and when
I use either the cmdtool or the shell tool and when I use ESC, it doesn't work.
It is like this , if I type in "cd HESC" it is supposed to complete the file name
and cd into the directory.  (No wise cracks about whether it is a directory or a
file, IT IS a directory:-)) But when I'm in sunview it doesn't work with cmdtool
but works with shell tool.  Also it works on other terminals. I observed that
if your term is NOT cmd-tool, it seems to work.  Now, is that a problem with
the termcap, or the filec or the C-shell itself?  How do I fix this?
I can't set my term to sun when I use OpenWindows  ( I need Openwindows to run
some software). What is the way out?  Any ideas?

Thanks

-Krishna

P.S:  I would really appreciate if you could reply directly to me instead of posting
to the net.