csh/tcsh limitation (vs. ksh)

Tony J Yeates yeates at motcid.UUCP
Thu Jan 10 09:38:25 AEST 1991

I've noticed a limitation in both csh & tcsh which  does not occur in ksh.
If you specify v. large command line using filename expansion, eg.

	command -option *prod/pr/*

often I see csh and tcsh give up rather feebly saying "word list too long",
or something along those lines.  The quick soln. is to invoke the same command
in ksh, where it works fine.

Obviously some buffer limit is reached.  My question is, is anybody still working
on csh and/or tcsh?  If so, maybe this is an area where some dynamic memory
allocation might come handy.