Dot in PATH?

Mark Hall data at buhub
Fri Jan 25 09:15:52 AEST 1991

jeffb at aquifer.las.uiuc.edu (Jeffrey Biesiadecki) writes:

>Hi -

>In a recent flame war in alt.sources, it was said that it was a bad idea
>to have '.' in your $PATH variable (I use tcsh, or csh, probably this
>would apply for any shell).  What's wrong with doing this?

>Jeff

Jeff, why would you want to do this?  I thought Un*x automatically checked the
directory that you are in (your current directory) for commands you entered.

(Yes, this may seem like a stupid question, but I'm wearing my asbestos
briefs...)
--
| Internet: data@{bucs1,buhub}.bradley.edu, al632 at cleveland.freenet.edu       |
| "He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake, but Captain, |