Bourne shell history (was Re: Finding the last arg)

Chet Ramey chet at odin.INS.CWRU.Edu
Thu Jan 10 08:58:29 AEST 1991

In article <316 at audfax.audiofax.com> arnold at audiofax.com (Arnold Robbins) writes:

>I am pretty sure that all of these were in the System III sh.
>	redirection of input/output for builtins (e.g. `read x < /dev/tty')

This did not appear until V.2.  The V.2 sh manual has a sentence to the
effect that `now you can do redirection with builtins'.

Another thing new with the V.2 shell that I forgot to mention is the source
conversion from `Bournegol' to C.

Chet
--
Chet Ramey				``There's just no surf in
Network Services Group			  Cleveland, U.S.A. ...''