compress won't compile right

fsdal1 at acad3.fai.alaska.edu fsdal1 at acad3.fai.alaska.edu
Mon Oct 22 22:18:37 AEST 1990

Help, unpack won't touch my .Z files. I tried getting and compiling
compress 4.0 using the -DM_XENIX and -Ml options and all it produces is
gibberish yet the .Z files decompress just fine under compress4.0
compiled on MS-Dos compilers. also files I compress and decompress under
my compiled version of compress work just fine, it just won't touch files
that were compressed elsewhere. could it be the way I am downloading the
Z files into unix? some I have Kermitt'ed binary style and some I
copied directly from floppy using DosMerge. I have sysV/286 2.4.0 I think.

thanks
Don Levinson
fsdal1 at acad3.fai.alaska.edu, fsdal1 at alaska.bitnet