Getty

JorgensenR rbj at druhi.ATT.COM
Wed Oct 3 01:14:29 AEST 1990

fred at seer.uucp writes:
> Is there a GETTY that will work with microports V/AT?  Also, has ANYONE
> gotten P-comm to work on V/AT also? It has troble accessing the TTY.

I'm running uPort V/AT 2.4.0 (I think), and the getty distributed with the
system works fine.  I have no experience with P-comm, but I would guess
that your problem is either cabling or terminal setup, since neither getty
or P-comm seem to work.  If you're not getting a login prompt from getty, then
you can check a couple of things:
	1) do a 'ps' to make sure getty is actually running on the port
	2) check your terminal options and gettydefs to make sure they match
	3) if all else fails, you can check the basic tty-to-host connectivity
		by turning the getty off, and typing characters to the terminal
		with 'cat > /dev/tty??' (whichever tty you are working with).
		You may have to mess around with the baud rate, but there is
		a description of how to do this in your manuals somewhere --
		maybe the uucp section.

Russ Jorgensen
AT&T Bell Laboratories
Denver, CO