Getty

ken ken at metaware.metaware.com
Tue Oct 9 01:21:47 AEST 1990

In article <601 at seer.UUCP> fred at seer.uucp (Glen Collins) writes:
>Hello again...
>
>	I may have forgotten to mention that the STOCK getty work fine, but
>I would like to have root be able to login from any TTY or virtual console.
>And since microport has no patch to allow that I'm trying to find a getty
>to replace the stock.

Glen,

You probably wont be able to do that. Some of the limited login stuff that
Microport did was implememted in the getty and login program. There was also
some stuff done in the kernel for that, specifically in the mem module.
This is the two user versus unlimited user package stuff that I'm talking
about.