System Recommendation Requested

Mark Lawrence mark at drd.com
Thu Jun 13 23:34:00 AEST 1991

I [used to] administer a 3B1 for a local UNIX users' group here in
Northeastern Ok.  It's monitor (attached to the computer) died and we've
been exploring alternatives.

One of the local colleges may spring for some hardware.  I was thinking
of a 286 or 386 machine running Esix or Mt.Xinu's mach.  I was hoping
for around the 2000 -> 2500 US$ range.  Am I nuts?  Does anybody have
any recommendations? (I'm out of my element here because I work with
Sun's and Solbournes at work and they're clearly out of my price
league).

mark at drd.com
mark at jnoc.go.jp  $B!J%^!<%/!&%i%l%s%9!K(B  Nihil novum sub solem