Development Package?

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Tue Oct 23 22:35:32 AEST 1990

In article <274 at srchtec.UUCP> mra at srchtec.uucp (Michael Almond) writes:
>	With the GNU C compiler around, do you really need the Development
>Package.  I don't know off the top of my head if GNU has a debugger as of yet.
>I know their are binary versions of GCC running around on SIMTEL20, among
>other places.

I guess I should add this to the FAQ...

The Development system not only includes the c compiler and a debugger, it
also includes the libraries with which you have to link to.  The FSF does
not yet have a library release and even if they do, I don't know if they will
be including the system calls and system include files for a particular
implementation.

The only way to do development is to get the development package and then if
you want to, get and use gcc as your compiler.

                                                Sterling, VA 22170